Monday 13 April 2015

Beer-battered Flathead with Chips, Tartare Sauce & Fresh Lemon


Easter Monday seemed like the perfect day to journey down to Palm Beach. Instead, we faced heavy traffic, a massive storm and an hour wait for food. Yet somehow, it was still quite magical. 

The Boat House is in an absolutely prime position, seeming to blend seamlessly into the beach. It's a gorgeous restaurant, all blues and whites, with fresh flowers and greenery. The menu is short and every dish sounded absolutely delicious. We waited in the long queue to order (being a public holiday, it was extra busy) but we didn't mind so much, mostly because of the stunning view and the subtle joy of watching other people eat and talk. 



My boyfriend ordered the fish and chips (which I obviously tasted), and I had the autumn salad with duck breast. I have to say, as good as the fish and chips were, they weren't a standout dish. The chips were perfectly cooked but the fish was a little too heavily battered for our tastes and I was disappointed with the tartare sauce. However, my salad was incredible. I guess it just goes to show how different peoples taste buds are!

All in all, this dish gave us a day's worth of adventure. Maybe the fish and chips weren't my favourite, but the Boathouse was certainly worth the trip and the memories. 



The Boathouse Palm Beach
Governor Phillip Park, 
Palm Beach NSW 2108

No comments:

Post a Comment