Friday 3 April 2015

Meatball Pizza (with Bocconcini, Basil & Tomato)

 

Frankie's Pizza seems to have been built on family tradition, an extensive stock of sprits and a whole lot of good vibes. Oh yeah, and pizza!

Last Friday night, the crowded bar was warm and welcoming. It was almost like visiting your eccentric Italian uncle's house, just louder and with more alcohol. Hundreds of old school family photos plastered the warm brick walls and a giant candle sat melting on our table. The menu is simply a list of pizzas, which you can order by the slice or go the full circle.

I was there to try the Meatball pizza (previously called the "Polpetta" pizza). I didn't have high expectations, because I'm not generally a big fan of pizza*. But I loved this dish, with its thin crust, succulent layer of sweet bocconcini and them meatballs. They were the epitome of a good meatball: flavoursome, juicy and hearty. If Lady and the Tramp were eating meatballs like these, it's no wonder they fell in love. 

All in all, I seriously enjoyed this dish and I'm happy to add Frankie's to my list of city hangouts. There's definitely a late night $6 slice in my future. 


Frankie's Pizza
50 Hunter Street, Sydney NSW 2000


*I'm slightly lactose intolerant so unfortunately lots of cheese doesn't agree with me. Also, there's a certain oiliness found in most pizza that I just don't like, although I have a suspicion I'm standing alone on that thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment