Wednesday 28 January 2015

Deep-fried Mars Bar



The interesting thing about this dish (dessert? snack? unholy combination?) was that I had tried it a few years back and didn't like it much at all.

Needless to say, I had my reservations when I picked one up at Bondi Surf Seafoods this time around. The word "ew" may have even been uttered. But despite the fact that it was kind of like eating a Mars Bar with battered fish, it was actually pretty good.

The outside was crunchy and sugary, and the inside was nothing more than a gooey, warm Mars Bar. Which is hard to turn down any day. I couldn't have more than two bites though, so luckily my sister was there to finish it off.

All in all, it's not my cup of tea, but it's definitely worth trying at least once, even if it's just to say you did.



Bondi Surf Seafood
128 Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach NSW 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment