Monday 19 January 2015

Classic Crackles


For my first dish in the 100 Top Dishes in Sydney, I visited Mr Crackles on Oxford Street.

True to it's name, this takeaway joint is packed with crispy, golden pork cracking. The dish that I was there to try was the first roll on the menu, Classic Crackles: slow-roast five-spice pork belly served with Vietnamese salad in a roll.

It was so very tasty. The crackling was the perfect crackly-ness, and the actual meat was lovely and moist. The salad and the roll were fresh and the mayo tied everything together. Also, it didn't sit uncomfortably in my stomach afterwards, which is a big bonus and meant that I could have some yummy sweet potato fries.

All in all, definitely worthy of the top 100. Now I'm left wondering what type of person Mr Crackles would actually be...


Mr Crackles:
155 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010

1 comment:

  1. I am dying to try me crackles!!! I have heard so many good things about it!

    (It's patty btw)

    ReplyDelete