Tuesday 27 January 2015

Dish #21: The Devil's Breakfast


I'm not a chilli kind of girl. My lips get burnt, my face heats up and I'm forced to reach for a (unhelpful) glass of water after every bite.

But I'm learning to deal with it, and The Devil's Breakfast at Porch and Parlour was a satisfying test. It was packed with chilli and spicy chorizo, but mellowed by the creamy egg yolk and cool avocado. Despite the burn, I couldn't really fault its combination of intense flavour and rustic presentation.

The parlour itself is lovely and earthy, with a sunny view overlooking North Bondi Beach. I'll definitely be going back for another one of their creative dishes and an incredible sounding green smoothie.

All in all, The Devil's Breakfast was surprisingly heavenly (I had to say it).





Porch Bread & Wine Parlour:
17/110 Ramsgate Avenue, Bondi Beach NSW 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment