Wednesday 22 July 2015

Fashion Wants Me To Be Cold (or Why Are There Holes In My Clothes?)

At the end of the coldest week Sydney has seen in years, the temperature rose ever so slightly and the sun peeked around the clouds. Clearly, it was a sign to bring out a smidgeon of skin. 

I'm loving the trend of strategically placed cuts and gashes in garments. Even in warmer months, less can often be more and just a subtle hint of skin can have a powerfully alluring effect. Accents like an open back, a low armhole or an exposed ankle make a endearing statement and add a little something extra to a classic outfit. For this outfit, I pretty much just threw together my most shredded clothes for the maximum amount of minimal skin. 

The casual, cool trend of zippered elbows has been popping up on jumpers all over the net. I paired mine with my very first pair of properly ripped jeans (took me a while, I know), which I utterly adore. If you're a shortie like me, check out Topshop's petite section for jeans that aren't too long and fit in all the right places. My knees didn't thank me me for the cold breeze, but my feet didn't mind so much, probably because they were laced into such an awesome pair of chunky, textured black heels. 


Outfit:
Jumper | Beginning Boutique
Jeans | Topshop
Shoes | Lipstick (from Windsor Smith)
Necklace | Bardot
Rings | Kookai & Topshop

No comments:

Post a Comment