Sunday 21 June 2015

Monochrome & Multicoloured Mexicola


This is my first post from Bali and I'm so excited to finally start sharing my photos and experiences here. Until I can wrap my head around the sheer amount of photos I took over those ten wonderful days, I'll start with a simple outfit post.

This night was one of my favourites, when we went to Metis for dinner (more on that later) and Motel Mexicola for drinks. But first, the obligatory outfit shots after the sun had set on our villa. I've spoken before about the joy of playsuits and how they make life easier, and this one is no exception. 

The playsuit from Beginning Boutique is really well made, with a gorgeous crepe-y fabric which didn't crease the entire time I was away (including when it was shoved into the bottom of my suitcase). It isn't sheer, like a lot of other similar white garments, and thank goodness because trying to find undies that work with sheer is one of my biggest pet peeves. To top it off, there's the slightly gaping, elegant slit at the back. 

I paired the playsuit with my basic black sandals and a whole lot of black and silver jewellery, including my new favourite summer piece, a leafy ear cuff from Topshop. Notice my braids, bracelets, anklets and tattoo? That's what happens when you're a tourist at Kuta beach who doesn't know how to bargain/say no. 


I kept my makeup soft and lipstick subtle for most of Bali, because, well, it's Bali. 


Motel Mexicola was where we found all the Aussie tourists hiding at night. It's an awesome place, with a garish mismatch of decor and coloured lights. On the walls, Mother Mary sits uncomfortably next to a whole lot of cleavage, but somehow it works. Cocktails are reasonably priced (for Sydney standards) at around $10 each. The Coco Colado was the standout for me – vodka, Triple Sec, Malibu, lime juice, pineapple juice and coconut water poured into a coconut shell. Good way to start the head spinning! 

It's a great place to meet fellow holiday-goers and make new friend and the music isn't half bad either. Anth and I have a theory that they play the same music every night, so if you ever get the pleasure of visiting multiple times, let us know if we're right! 


Outfit
Playsuit | Beginning Boutique
Sandals | Hype
Necklace | Sportsgirl
Ear Cuff | Topshop
Rings | Toni & May

No comments:

Post a Comment