Thursday 1 October 2015

Tips For Finding A Good Wall

I'm going to start off by saying that denim + white is my favourite combination right now. It's just so clean and fresh, and you can't really go wrong with it. Also it goes with my hair, which you guys might have noticed, is now pink. Yay!

Anyway, for the sake of shaking things up, I'm going to do something a bit different in this post. It's called "Sophie's Amateur Tips for Finding a Good Wall for Instagram and/or Blog Photos". Great name, I know. 

Okay here we go:
  • Tip 1: Do not be afraid to take photos if people are around, because a. they don't know you, b. in this day and age, people are used to it, and if they're not, c. who really cares? (FYI I run to the camera and pretend to check the photos like a chicken when people walk past, but I'm trying to stop.)
  • Tip 2: In terms of colour, try not to pick something that blends in with your clothes, you want them to stand out! Also, a colour that clashes with your clothes is probably not the best idea either. 
  • Tip 3: Think about what colours fit your feed. I usually gravitate to cooler colours as opposed to warmer ones (eg. blue instead of orange), just because I feel they work better for my aesthetic (yep, I said my aesthetic. That just happened).
  • Tip 3: Unless you have a good grip on the awesome aperture/background blur camera setting, it's best to choose a relatively plain wall. If there's too much going on behind you, it can be a bit distracting. 
  • Tip 4: Garages are good, but in my experience, the smaller the rows, the better. Don't ask me why, it's just the way it is.
  • Tip 5: Try including some graffiti or street signs. These can add an effortlessly cool vibe to your photo (or even a bit of witty humour if you find the right sign).
  • Tip 6: Avoid standing on the grass next to the side walk. It just looks awkward most of the time. 
  • Tip 7: Rules are made to be broken! Tips are great and all, but at the end of the day, they're just a guideline and often experimentation will be what makes you stand out from the ever-growing insta crowd. 
So here's a wall (garage) I found and my latest favourite denim + white combo. Let me know what you think makes a good wall!




Outfit:
Top | Glue
Skirt | Glassons
Shoes | Sportsgirl
Watch | The Horse

No comments:

Post a Comment