Wednesday 19 August 2015

Casually Leaning & Musing on Accessories



There's nothing better than a bunch of accessories to make a simple outfit pop. I'm talking jewellery, of course, but also a chunky watch, a bright splash of lipstick and even a phone case (okay, so I'm not saying you should have a different phone case for every outfit, but if it by some happy coincidence it works, you might as well take advantage!)

Coco Chanel once said to look in the mirror before you go out and take one thing off. It makes sense, especially if you're after a polished, elegant look. But these days, with all the ring-stacking* and necklace-layering on trend, it's sort of hard. What if I don't want to take something off? I'm the type of person that either meticulously plans my accessories, or haphazardly chucks things on at the last minute, so her advice seldom seems to fit me. 

While I don't always agree with the sentiment that less is more, I think there is something to be said for there's such thing as too much. Maybe that's where the great Chanel comes in with her wise words. Either way, I think it's important to have fun and do what works for you, otherwise, you lose the joy in accessorising, and we simply can't have that.

What do you think? Can you ever have too many accessories?

*I didn't wear my rings for this outfit because I thought it would all be too much – maybe Chanel was right, I just worked it out before I got to the mirror!

Outfit:
Top | Beginning Boutique
Skirt | Sportsgirl
Shirt | Asos
Shoes | Converse
Necklace | Beginning Boutique
Phone Case | Beginning Boutique
Watch | The Horse

No comments:

Post a Comment